Wednesday, November 24, 2010

To Love You From The Inside Out

Bold. Courageous. Confident.

Of all the things that should describe a Christian, I think those are the ones I struggle with most. But I know that the more I rely on Him, the more I will love Him, work for Him, and find the strength to put my faith in Him. I think what's helped the most so far has been really understanding that I'm not on a "performance treadmill", I'm not conquering the mountain that is Sin; God always deals with his children through the Grace we receive in Christ, the Liberating King. Brett and I have been fasting to remind us to rely on God for real sustenance for almost a week now. For me, just having my lunch hour devoted to Him really stands as a huge contrast to the worthless internet surfing or whatever else I would normally do after eating at school. One result of this has been a deeper experience of real joy. Not temporal happiness, but an everlasting thankfulness and unyielding faith in Christ's abilities to shepard and lead me. He is truly awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment